Day 1: Amman Airport – Amman Hotel (D)
With a signage our representative welcomes you at Queen Alia Airport. Transfer to Amman hotel, check in. Dinner and overnight in Amman.
Day 2: Amman Hotel – Umm Qais – Jerash – Amman Hotel (B, L ,D)
After breakfast pick up at the lobby, we drive 2 hrs to Umm Qais which belonged to the famous Decapolis, a union of 10 cities founded by Alexander the Great. Here you have an nice view of the Sea of Galilee, Jordan Valley and Golan Heights. We continue to Jerash, the best example of well preserved Roman provincial city in the whole Middle East comprising paved and colonnaded streets, soaring hilltop temples, handsome theaters, and spacious public squares and plazas. Next is to Ajloun to an Islamic Castle built around 1184-85 by Salah al-Din a famous Islamic leader. Back to Amman.
Day 3: Amman Hotel – Dead Sea Beach – Wadi Mujib Siq Trail (self guided) – Dana Hotel (B, Lunch box, D)
After breakfast we drive to the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea with the highest content of minerals and salts in the world, the Dead Sea water possesses anti-inflammatory properties and the dark mud found on its shores have been used for over 2000 years for therapeutic purposes. You have leisure time and chance to experience floating at the salty waters. Continue to Mujib Reserve, where you do the self guided Siq Trail following a water stream deeper inside the cool canyon. Depending on your fitness level you can scramble along small waterfalls, but the far you get the higher the water. Continue to Dana for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Dana Hotel – Wadi Dana Trail (guided) – Dana Hotel (B, Lunch Box ,D)
After breakfast we start our hike, this trail offers a spectacular downhill walk from Dana to Feynan through the sandstone gorge of Wadi Dana. Distance is approximately 14 km and the trail will take 5 to 7 hours to complete. Return transport to Dana is arranged. Dinner and overnight in Dana.
Day 5: Dana Hotel – Petra Tour until the Monastery – Little Petra Camp (B, L, D)
After breakfast we proceed to Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundation of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Start your visit by a walk or a short horse ride (included in the ticket, horse handler expects a tip) from main entrance up to the entrance of the Siq a 350 meters confined canyon. As you reach the end of Siq you see the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh’s Castle. Hike up the 800 plus stairs that brings you to the Monastery. In the afternoon transfer to Little Petra for dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 6: Little Petra – Wadi Rum Camel Trekking – Wadi Rum Camp (B, Lunch Box, D)
After breakfast, we visit the Little Petra or Al-Beidha. From here drive 1.5 hrs southwards to the protected area of to Wadi Rum, you meet the camel guide for a brief tutorial on how to have a comfortable ride with your camel. Visit Lawrence’s Spring, Wadi Um Ishrin and the famous sand dune area. Stop for tea, to have our packed lunch and rest for a while, then continue to see the ancient Anfashiyeh inscriptions, before crossing over to Um Rashid Canyon and passing through Lawrence’s House. Continue trekking to desert campsite, for overnight and dinner.
Day 7: Wadi Rum Jeep Ride – Wadi Rum Camp (B, Lunch Box, D)
Breakfast at the camp, we begin our 4×4 jeep ride visiting the Nabatean Temple, the majestic Qataar Spring, the most interestingly-shaped rock formations known as “The Cow Rock”, continue to the Barrah Canyon for lunch. Drive to the Jebel Burdah rock bridge, to Um Fruth Bridge and Khazali Canyon. Last stop is at the most magnificent locations atop a red sand dune, to see the legendary Sunset Place of Wadi Rum. Continue to campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Wadi Rum – Amman Airport (B)
Breakfast at the camp then transfer to Amman Airport.
Legends: B= Breakfast L= Lunch D= Dinner
Rates in USD
Travel Date: Jan 01, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017
Number of Persons
US$ 1185 per person
US$ 1099 per person
US$ 1063 per person
- Private transfer in comfortable A/C vehicle with English speaking driver.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast and dinner in Amman.
- 2 nights simple room accommodation with breakfast and dinner in Dana (shared shower and toilet).
- 1 night hotel accommodation with breakfast and dinner in Little Petra Petra (shared shower and toilet).
- 2 nights tent accommodation with breakfast and dinner in Wadi Rum (shared shower and toilet).
- 2 lunches in a local restaurant and 4 picnic lunch boxes.
- English speaking spot guide in Jerash (about 1 hr).
- English speaking spot guide in Petra (until the Monastery, about 4 hours).
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites in the itinerary.
- Wadi Dana Trail Hike with guide.
- 700 meters horse ride in Petra (included in the ticket, not mandatory, horse handler expects a tip).
- 3 hrs jeep & 4 hrs camel ride in Wadi Rum.
- Travel insurance.
- Entry visa to Jordan.
- Meals & beverages not mentioned above.
- Horse drawn carriage in Petra.
- Personal expenses.
- Hotel accommodation are based on 3* hotel category, for category 4* and 5* hotel rates are up on request.
- Please be reminded that you walk several km in Petra, highly recommended to wear a good walking shoes for your own comfort and bring a backpack for beverage, camera etc.
- 4×4’s in Wadi Rum are old vehicle.